Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Man Was Created Tall Then He Kept Getting Shorter Until Now
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Was man short at the time of Adam [peace be upon him] then he gradually grew taller, or was it the other way round? May Allaah reward you with good.
Praise be to Allaah.
Allaah created Adam [peace be upon him] sixty cubits tall, then mankind gradually grew shorter until they stopped and remained as they are now.
[Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3326; Muslim, 2841] .
Ibn Abi Haatim narrated with a hasan isnaad from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] said: “Allaah created Adam a tall man with a lot of hair on his head, as if he were a tall palm tree.”
Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar [may Allaah have mercy on him] said in Fath al-Baari: “ ‘Mankind kept getting shorter until now’ means that each generation grew shorter than the generation before, and that decrease in height ended with this ummah, and that is how they stayed.”
And Allaah knows best. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad.
- Gold and Silver Gold and Silver What is the Nisaab on Paper Money?
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Ruqyah by Phone
- Prohibition against spying on others
- Stealing electricity from the state on the grounds that it does not give its citizens their rights
- He committed zina during one of the nights of Ramadan and he wants to repent
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Do the Jinn Help Humans in Some Ways?
- Prophet Muhammad Prophet Muhammad Ruling on Piercing a Womans Nose So That She Can Wear Jewellery There