He died and left behind a wife, a mother, daughters, brothers and sisters
If a man dies and leaves behind money, one hundred and forty thousand riyals, and he has a wife, a mother, four daughters, four sisters and five brothers, how much is the share of each of them?.
Praise be to Allaah.If a man dies and leaves behind a wife, a mother, four daughters, five brothers and four sisters, then the estate is to be divided as follows: The wife gets one-eighth, because there are descendants who inherit, namely the daughters. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “if you leave a child, they get an eighth of that which you leave” (al-Nisa’ 4:12). The mother gets one-sixth, because of the presence of descendants who inherit, namely the daughters. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “or parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children” (al-Nisa’ 4:11). The daughters get two-thirds, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “if (there are) only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance” (al-Nisa’ 4:11). The brothers and sisters get the remainder, with each male getting the share of two females. So the division of the estate among the heirs in this case is as follows. The estate is divided into 336 equal parts. The wife gets 42 shares; the mother gets 56 chares; the daughters get 224, with each daughter taking 56 shares; each brother gets 2 shares and each sister gets one share. If the estate is 140,000 riyals, then it is divided as follows: The wife gets 140,000 × (42 ÷ 336) = 17,500 riyals. The mother gets 140,000 × (56 ÷ 336) = 23,333.3 Each daughter gets 140,000 × (56 ÷ 336) = 23,333.3 Each brother gets 140,000 × (2 ÷ 336) = 833.3 Each sister gets 140,000 × (1 ÷ 336) = 416.6 And Allaah knows best
- He Did Sujood Al-tilaawah With the Imam At the Back of the Mosque, Then He Came Forward and Joined the Prayer
- She vowed to fast for a month, should she make up the days when she was menstruating?
- Giving children western names in order to avoid racial discrimination
- Al Baqarah Al Baqarah When does the ‘iddah Begin for a Woman Whose Husband Went Missing Then Was Found Dead?
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Ruling Concerning a Woman Remaining With Her Alcoholic Husband
- Ruling on prayer in congregation for men
- Calling Non-muslims to Islam Calling Non-muslims to Islam Wants to Embrace Islam But Has a Girlfriend and Children