Who is the fasting person for whom the Muslim will be rewarded for giving him food to break his fast with?
Is the fasting person who the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) encouraged us to give him food to break his fast with the poor person who is fasting, or one who is a stranger in the land, or the one whom we invite to break the fast with us at home, such as a guest who is part of the family or a relative? Can we attain the reward by offering food for breaking the fast to fasting people to whom we give a private invitation during Ramadan?.
Praise be to Allaah. It is proven that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives food to a fasting person with which to break his fast will have a reward like his without detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 807 What is meant by the fasting person here is any Muslim who is fasting, especially those who are deserving of charity, such as the poor, needy, and wayfarers. This is similar to the words of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): “Whoever equips a fighter for the sake of Allah has gone out on campaign (i.e., will have the reward of going out on campaign).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2843. And Allah is the source of strength. May Allah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and Companions. End quote . Standing Committee fir Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (vol. 2), 9/33 For more information please see also the answers to questions no. 50047 (islamqa.com/en/ref/50047), 118145 (islamqa.com/en/ref/118145) And Allah knows best.
- How did Christianity become mixed with polytheistic beliefs?
- Good Deeds Good Deeds What Should the Menstruating Woman Do When She Enters Ihraam?
- Al Baqarah Al Baqarah Meaning of the Lack in Reason and Religious Commitment in Women
- Is it prescribed to do ghusl on Fridays for women?
- He has become Muslim but his mother wants him to go back to being a Christian
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Ruling on Placing One’s Hand on the Bible When Swearing
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Ruling on Taking Pictures of the Washing of the Deceased As a Lesson Or Reminder