Forgetfulness During Prayer Forgetfulness During Prayer Imam Errs During Prayer and does not Know What is the Mistake
From the book what Should You Do in the Following Situations?
If the Imam makes a mistake in the prayer and misses an obligatory act, while the followers remind him of the mistake [by saying “subhan Allah”] but he does not understand what they mean or does not know when or where he made the mistake, and continues to move on to other obligatory acts which do not include the missed act, then there a number of opinions on this.
The best of these opinions is that they remind him of the act by the particular supplication that act, e.g., saying “subhana Rabbi al-‘Azeem” if it was the ruku‘ or “subhana Rabbi al-A‘la” if it was the prostration, or Rabbighfir li if it was the sitting between the two prostrations, etc. [Al-Mughni 1/707]
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Seeking Knowledge in Order to Teach People and not for the Purpose of Showing Off
- Al Baqarah Al Baqarah Ruling Concerning Root Vegetables -those Which Grow Under the Ground-
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Intention and Du’aa’ During Prayer
- Ruling on praying in congregation at home and the reward for that as compared with the reward for praying in congregation in the mosque
- There is No God There is No God How does An Apostate Come Back to Islam?
- Muslim Woman Muslim Woman muslim Attitudes Towards Violence and How to React to Kaafir Aggression Against the Muslim Community
- Leading Prayer Leading Prayer the Imaam Was Accused of Reciting Qur’aan Incorrectly; What is the Status of Past Prayers?