Invalid Marriages Invalid Marriages Ruling on Marrying a Woman who Has No Religion
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Praise be to Allaah.This is not permitted at all, because Allaah says [interpretation of the meaning] : “… they are not lawful [wives] for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful [husbands] for them…” [al-Mumtahinah 60:10] .
An exception is made in the case of chaste women of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] , because Allaah says [interpretation of the meaning] : “[Lawful to you in marriage] are … and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture [Jews and Christians] before your time…” [al-Maa’idah 5:5] .
And Allaah knows best.
- Is it better to break the fast at home or in the mosque?
- Names and Attributes of Allaah Names and Attributes of Allaah Many of the Names of Allaah May be Found At the End of Numerous Aayaat of the Quraan
- Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Ruling on Using a Shoe As a Sutrah
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn the Doctors Told Him Never to Fast, Then He Recovered Five Years Later
- The minimum length of time for i’tikaaf
- Family Ties Family Ties Cutting Off Ties With a Non-muslim Sister
- Islamic Monotheism Islamic Monotheism Some Mormons are Visiting Him and Trying to Make Him Doubt His Religion