Innovations in Religion and Worship Innovations in Religion and Worship Ruling on Reciting Du’aa’s Which are not Proven
Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’
What is the ruling on some du’aa’s that have not been narrated [from the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] ] , such as, “Rocky obstacle and falling star, may the eye of the envier come back on him and on those who are dearest to him.”
Praise be to Allaah. This du’aa’ has no basis. it involves enmity against people other than the aggressor, so it is not permissible to use it because the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] said: “Whoever does an action that is not in agreement with this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] , will have it rejected.”
And Allaah knows best.
- Evil Deeds Evil Deeds the Difference Between Punishments and Trials
- Al Baqarah Al Baqarah He Suffered a Nosebleed Whilst Fasting
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Having Dental Treatment Whilst Fasting
- The Divine names as remedy
- Shaykh Muhammad Shaykh Muhammad When Women Get Together, is it Better for Them to Pray in Jamaa’ah Or Individually?
- Fiqh of the Family Fiqh of the Family Wants to Marry a Girl who Has Repented of Her Past But His Mother does not Approve
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Raising the Voice When Saying Tasbeeh on Friday