Al Safa Al Safa Ibraaheem’s Proclamation of Hajj
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 11/8-10.
It is said that Allah, may He be exalted, instructed His Prophet Ibraaheem [peace be upon him] to proclaim to mankind the Hajj and that Ibraaheem proclaimed it to mankind, and those in men’s loins and women’s wombs who would perform Hajj responded to him, and that those who did not respond to him would not do Hajj, and even if they possessed huge amounts of gold and silver, they would not do Hajj. is this correct or not?.
Praise be to Allaah. Allah commanded Ibraaheem [peace be upon him] , after he had finished building the House, to proclaim to mankind the Hajj. Allah says [interpretation of the meaning] : “And proclaim to mankind the Hajj [pilgrimage] ” [al-Hajj 22:27] .
Ibn Katheer said, commenting on this verse: Meaning, call out to mankind, inviting them to come on pilgrimage to the House which We instructed you to build. it is narrated that he said: O Lord, how can I convey to the people when my voice will not reach them? He said: Call, and it is Ours to convey it. So he stood at his Maqaam, or it was said on the stone, or on al-Safa, or on Abu Qubays [a mountain near the Ka’bah] , and he said: O mankind! Your Lord has built a House, so come on pilgrimage to it. it was said that the mountains lowered themselves so that his voice could reach all corners of the earth, and those who were still in [their mothers’] wombs and [fathers’] loins heard, and everything that heard him of rocks, cities and trees responded, and those who Allah decreed would perform Hajj until the Day of Resurrection responded: Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk. This is what is indicated by the reports narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid, ‘Ikrimah, Sa’eed, Ibn Jubayr and others among the salaf. And Allah knows best. This was narrated by Ibn Jareer and Ibn Abi Haatim at length. End quote from Ibn Katheer [may Allah have mercy on him] .
And Allah knows best the facts of the matter. As for the call, there is no doubt concerning it, because it is stated in the Holy Qur'aan. And Allah is the source of strength; may Allah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and Companions. End quote. Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas. Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood
- Muslim Countries Muslim Countries Ruling on Eating Meat That is Sold in Stores in Non-muslim Countries
- He is asking: are all the pious shaykhs Salafis?
- Forbidden Transactions Forbidden Transactions Grocery Store Selling Foods Containing Pork Ingredients
- Innovations in Religion and Worship Innovations in Religion and Worship Munkar Actions During Mourning Ceremonies
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace does the Sunnah Govern People’s Worldly Affairs?
- Does a brownish discharge have any effect on Hajj and ‘Umrah?
- Ibn Taymiyah Ibn Taymiyah Celebrating the Mawlid and Other Occasions, and Offering Food on These Occasions