Congregational Prayer Congregational Prayer Praying in Scattered Groups in a Workplace Musalla
Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr
I am working in a gas plant in saudi arabia. We have a small Musalla that we hold prayer at.
We do not have a designated Imam nither do we have a set time to have one congrigation. We have tried several times to hold the prayer in one congrigation however we fialed and continued praying in scattered group. is holding prayer in this manner permisible? it should be noted that our works can be stopped during prayer times since we are all doing an office work.
Praise be to Allaah.
The Muslim must pay attention to that which Allaah has enjoined upon him. Prayer in congregation is obligatory, but if it is not possible to pray in one jamaa’ah because of the demands of work, it is fine if you pray in a number of groups within the time specified for each prayer. You should strive to pray behind the regular imaam, and pray the prayers at the time specified by sharee’ah. If that is not possible, then the Muslim must fear Allaah as much as he can, after which Allaah does not burden any soul beyond what it can bear.
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace When Should Women who are Menstruating Or Bleeding Following Childbirth Do Tawaaf?
- She has studied some knowledge; can she teach it to people?
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Ruling on Sponsored Students Staying in Kaafir Countries
- Leading Prayer Leading Prayer Ruling on a Smoker Leading Prayers
- Sleeping Manners Sleeping Manners Sleeping on Ones Stomach When There is a Legitimate Reason
- Attending the graduation ceremony at an American university
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Imaam With a Beautiful Voice That Motivates the Worshippers