Asalam Alaikum Asalam Alaikum Ruling on Bleaching the Skin
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Asalam Alaikum,What is the ruling on bleaching one's skin, is itharam or alright?
Praise be to Allaah.Bleaching the skin is done for one of two reasons:it is done in the pursuit of beauty and perfection. This is not permitted because it involves changing the creation of Allaah, and because it is regarded as being in the same class as tattooing, practitioners of which were cursed by the Messenger of Allaah [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] .
It is done to remove a fault of blemish, such as a black spot or something similar on the hand or elsewhere, which a person bleaches in an attempt to remove the blemish.
There is nothing wrong with this, because it is counted as removing faults. And Allaah knows best.
- Ruling on fasting the days of al-Tashreeq
- Belief in the Messengers the Reality of Belief in the Messengers
- Prophet Peace She Has a Nursing Infant – is Hajj Obligatory for Her?
- Shaykh Muhammad Can He Give Fatwas Based on What He Hears Or Reads?
- Holy Qur What is Al-lawh Al-mahfooz?
- Shaykh Muhammad He Recites the Soorah After Al-faatihah Quietly So That the Congregation Can Recite Al-faatihah
- Calling Non-muslims to Islam is There Any Conflict Between Entering Islam and Playing Basketball?