Subject Matter Subject Matter Crossword Puzzles
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
What is the ruling on crossword puzzles and doing them?
Praise be to Allaah.Among the many types of intellectual games to be found all over daily newspapers and magazines are the type of puzzles called crosswords, a kind of puzzle that focuses on how well educated and widely read a person is.
They cover all branches of knowledge and art, and test how bright and quick-witted a person is.In principle, these puzzles are a form of permissible entertainment, but from what we see, many of the words used have evil implications, such as the names of artists who are insignificant, morally corrupt or intellectually deviated. Or the crosswords expect answers that are of no benefit and are not worth the time and effort required to solve the puzzle. in addition, they distract people from reading serious and useful material, which is like wasting one’s life in doing something that is not useful.One of the strange things we often see is that readers of newspapers and magazines go straight to the puzzles, without looking at other, useful information. This love of crossword puzzles could become an addiction, leading people to neglect their duties.On this basis, many of these puzzles would come under the category of makrooh entertainment, provided that the subject matter is not haraam and they do not lead to addiction or cause people to neglect their duties. If they do make people become negligent and forgetful, then it is more appropriate to say that they are haraam in this case.[Adapted from the book Qadaaya al-Lahw wa’l-Tarfeeh by Ma’dhoon Rasheed, p. 188] Muslims who prepare these crossword puzzles should try to put useful information in them, and words that will make readers learn things that will be of benefit to them. And Allaah is the source of strength.
- Poor Person Poor Person Delegating a Charity Organization to Pay Kafaarat Yameen -expiation for Breaking a Vow-
- Is it permissible for a husband to give a gift to his wife and not to the rest of his heirs?
- Business and Financial Transactions Business and Financial Transactions the Company Takes the Down Payment Then Buys the Property Then Sells it to the Purchaser
- Kind Treatment of Spouses Kind Treatment of Spouses What is Said Just Prior to Intercourse
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Denouncing Evil Actions in Ones Heart
- Ruling on kissing one’s wife in front of the children
- Muslim Man Muslim Man Doing a Second Wedding Party for His Parents’ Benefit
conceptualization the subject matter history puzzles/ with the subject matter of antiques is useful crossword puzzle reading subject matter crossword matter crossword puzzle subject matter of crossword puzzle subject matter crossword f 7 subject matter crossword the subject matter of a book satisfied crossword answers matter crossword puzzle matter crossword puzzle answers matter is not puzzling crossword muslim history crossword matter crossword puzzles