Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn is it Backbiting If You Tell a Story That Happened Even If You Do not Mention the Names of the People Involved?
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta [26/15] .
If I tell the story of something that happened without mentioning any names, is that regarded as backbiting?.
Praise be to Allaah. If it is an unpleasant story and there information that could identify the people involved, then it is not backbiting; but if it will provoke trouble or lead to bad consequences, then mentioning it is haraam for that reason, even if it is not backbiting. And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote. Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan.
- Names and Attributes of Allaah Names and Attributes of Allaah the Meaning of Allaah’s Name Al-musawwir
- Acts of Worship Acts of Worship it is Permissible for a Woman to Breastfeed Her Child Before Doing Ghusl
- Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Selling a Mosque in Order to Buy a New Mosque in a Better Location
- How can he enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil with regard to his father who is older than him?
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Buying Beautiful Birds Because of their Colours and Voices
- Muslim World Muslim World He Wants to Make Hijrah to the Muslim World But His Parents Refuse
- Prophet Muhammad Prophet Muhammad Bidaah of Gathering After Fourty Days to Pray for the Deceased