Prophet Muhammad Prophet Muhammad Ruling on Being a Witness to a Riba-based Loan
Standing Committee on Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 13/298
My uncle has asked me to be a witness for him to get a loan from one of the banks. This loan involves riba. Please note that my father and my uncle are partners in this loan, and when I refused to be a witness, this caused problems. So I acted as a witness even though I was not happy about it. I regret what I have done and I feel bad about it. Now I am confused and feel constantly depressed. Please advise me.
Praise be to Allaah. it is forbidden to act as a witness for riba-based transactions. You have to repent and seek the forgiveness of Allaah for what you have done when you witnessed this riba-based loan.And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.
- Blind Man Blind Man Stopping One’s Prayer in Cases of Necessity
- Muslim Scholars Muslim Scholars When to Start Ordering the Young to Fast
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Ruling on Skin Patches in Ramadaan
- Adulthood is a condition of being a witness to marriage
- Azeez Ibn Azeez Ibn Sihr and Its Types
- Shaykh Muhammad Shaykh Muhammad Women Uncovering their Hands in Front of Vendors … a Wrong Action
- Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Ruling on Saying “ya Rahmat Allaah -o Mercy of Allaah- ”