Bad Behaviour Bad Behaviour He Cannot Lower His Gaze Because There are Too Many Women
Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Fataawa al-Siyaam [145, 146] .
I live in a non-Muslim country and I cannot lower my gaze because there are too many uncovered women around me.
Praise be to Allaah. Lowering the gaze is of two types, one which a person can do and which he has no excuse for not doing, which means not repeatedly looking at women or deliberately looking at them. This is something that he can do, and it is obligatory upon him, I mean not repeatedly looking at women or deliberately looking at them, because it is within his capabilities, and it makes no difference whether he is in a country where there is a great deal of unveiling or not.
The second type is something that a person cannot avoid, and it is an accidental glance, where he sees a woman but he does not look repeatedly at her or look deliberately; rather he carries on his way. This will not harm him and he is not sinning thereby, because it is beyond his control. This, and Allaah knows best, is the reason why Allaah says [interpretation of the meaning] : “Tell the believing men to lower their gaze [from looking at forbidden things] ” [al-Noor 24:30] .
in the original Arabic the literal meaning is “lower some of the gaze” which means that lowering the gaze completely is not obligatory and it is something that is beyond a person’s control, or what is required in cases of necessity, such as a doctor looking at his patient and so on, or when a man looks at the woman to whom he wants to propose marriage. End quote.
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Praying At Graves and the Conditions of Intercession
- Ruling on sending blessings upon the Prophet -peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him- in the tashahhud
- Her period became longer because of the IUD
- Acts of Worship Acts of Worship Conditions for Deeds to be Acceptable to Allaah
- Is the husband of her husbands daughter a mahram for her?
- Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Failing to Help Those who are Stricken by Disasters on the Grounds That This is the Will of Allaah
- He is afraid to get married lest he has intercourse with his wife in his back passage