Rulings on Dress Rulings on Dress Wearing Youth Caps
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
What is your opinion on the new fashion [in the Arab world] of people wearing caps with a visor in front [i.e., baseball caps] ?
Praise be to Allaah. it is not permissible for a Muslim to imitate the kuffaar in his dress. If wearing these caps or anything else is one of their distinguishing features and something for which they are well are known and by which they are distinguished from others, then it is not permissible for the Muslim to wear those things. But if it serves some purpose and it is not something that belongs exclusively to the kuffaar, such as hats worn for work on building sites or in other workplaces, which are worn to protect the head and shade the eyes from the sun, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But if the hat is worn with the visor to the side or the back, this is not appropriate for the Muslim youth.
- Prophet Peace Prophet Peace Selling on Consignment and Selling a Product Before it Arrives
- Reconciling between the verses which speak of the news given to Maryam of the birth of ‘Eesa -peace be upon them-
- Al Baqarah Al Baqarah the Meaning of Allaah’s Name Al-mu’min
- Poor Person Poor Person She Fell Unconscious in Ramadaan Then She Died
- Muhammad Ibn Muhammad Ibn How to Rid Oneself of Sin
- A Christian woman is saying: Why is it not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a kitaabi man when the opposite is permitted?
- Where Zakaah is to be Spent Where Zakaah is to be Spent it is Permissible for a Person to Give His Zakaah to a Relative on Whom He is not Obliged to Spend