Prophet Muhammad Prophet Muhammad When He Enters the Mosque, Should He Pray Two Rak’ahs of Tahiyyat Al-masjid?
Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/272
Praise be to Allaah.If the situation is as you describe, then when they enter the mosque it is prescribed for them to pray Tahiyyat al-Masjid before sitting down.
The imaam may order that the Iqaamah be given for Fajr prayer, after which there is no need for Tahiyyat al-Masjid, because praying the fard [obligatory] prayer is sufficient and means that there is no longer any need to do Tahiyyat al-Masjid.
The member of the congregation may also forego Tahiyyat al-Masjid if he enters the mosque when the Iqaamah is being given.And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.
- Psychological and Social Problems Psychological and Social Problems Her Husband Sits With Non-mahrams and She Objects to That
- Attending wedding parties which involve some evils
- Punishments for neglecting jihad for the sake of Allaah
- Celebrating silver, gold or diamond jubilees
- Ibn Hajar Ibn Hajar Meanings of the Word Fitnah in the Qur’aan
- Is it permissible to pray for forgiveness and mercy for a kaafir who is still alive?
- How children can honour their parents